The full AJP standards are long and complex because they’re the basis of a rigorous certification program designed to address the many different kinds of farm and food enterprises in the real world. Here we provide more readable introductions to help you become familiar with the standards’ most significant provisions.
Summary of AJP standards for farms #
Short, plain-language summaries of the benefits that AJP standards offer to workers and operators of farms and ranches. 2 pages each.
- ¿Qué ofrecen las Normas de Certificación de Justicia Alimentaria a les trabajadores agrícolas?
- ¿Qué ofrecen las Normas de Certificación de Justicia Alimentaria a les operadores agrícolas?
Note: The Spanish translation of the complete 2019 standards is forthcoming. In the meantime see the previous edition (2012) translation and details of changes made in the 2019 revisions:
Summary of AJP standards for other food businesses #
- Fact sheet: Food Justice Certification for Food Businesses
- Fact sheet: Food Justice Certification for Food Brands
Further resources #
- The Self-Assessment Checklist for Farms walks you step by step through each of the AJP standards for farm labor, with additional info on how to document each practice in preparation for an audit.
- Farmers, ranchers, and workers can also get free guidance and resources from the AJP towards meeting the FJC standards by filling out our technical assistance intake form and scheduling a free consultation. Other food businesses can also get guidance and resources but should contact the AJP to start a conversation rather than use the farm intake form.
- Find more info on Food Justice Certification on the AJP website.