All resources linked from the Hiring & On-boarding toolkit pages:
Employee Paperwork #
Hiring Policies #
Work Agreements #
Aviso y aceptación de pago para trabajadores agrícolas (NYS Dept of Labor; Spanish)
Sample Pay Notice and Work Acknowledgement (AJP template)
Living Wages #
For advice on how to afford higher wages, see also:
- Calculating Costs & Getting Fair Prices (AJP)
- What Farmers are Doing to Raise Wages, Ideas for Farmer Action, and What We Can Do as a Movement (Elizabeth Henderson)
Required Postings #
See the US Department of Labor for required postings and links to download or acquire posters.
Right to Know (NYS Department of Health)
Your rights as a Worker/Derechos de los trabajadores (AJP brochure; required posting for FJC workplaces)
Employee, Contractor, or Intern? #
For more information and resources on internships, see the Apprentices & Youth section of the toolkit.
Worker Rights #
- “At Will” vs. “Just Cause” (AJP Model Handbook for Employees)
Respectful Workplace #
- See the toolkit section Human Relations for guidance and resources toward building a respectful workplace.
Health & Safety #
- See the toolkit section Health & Safety for more in-depth guidance and resources.
Trainings: Rights & Safety #
- Pamphlet/Workplace Posting: Worker Rights under AJP (English) / Derechos de los Trabajadores (Español)
- Workers’ Rights Handbook (Tompkins County Workers Center, NY)
- Workers Rights Manual, 3rd ed., English and Español (ARISE Chicago)
- Worker Protection Standard: Requirements of Employers (EPA)
- Food safety trainings are available from the Produce Safety Alliance or the national GAPS program.
- See Sexual Harassment guidance and a sample policy against sexual harassment
Reviews & Evaluations #
- For guidance on reviews and evaluations see Feedback & Evaluations.