Beyond setting fair policies, fairness in the workplace also requires establishing relationships of respect and reciprocity. This section gathers a few general resources to help you re-imagine relationships on and around the farm.
- Community agreements are a way to set expectations about how people will treat each other and an important tool for building a workplace culture of collaboration and respect.
- Soul Fire Farm shares two models for healthy, respectful communication on the farm: Real Talk for feedback and evaluations and Courageous Conversations for resolving conflicts and grievances.
- In the introduction to her book Cooperative Farming, Faith Gilbert describes what it means to farm cooperatively.
- Rock Steady Farm offers a video presentation on How to Support an Inclusive Workplace Culture.
- In her article The Next Build in the Small Farm Sector: Resilient Relational Systems, Polly Shyka suggests farmers need to think about interpersonal relationships as another important dimension of farming sustainably.